What do Ignore Messages mean on Facebook
Facebook Ignore Messages is now a feature in its messenger platform. So, What do Ignore Messages mean on Facebook Messenger It is added to create a preferential priority in who a user wants to connect to. However, you should know it is different from blocking a contact if you are looking for how to block someone on Messenger.
What this Facebook Ignore Message does is that it moves those messages that are marked as ignored into a folder.
Some who aren’t aware of this have often asked is Messenger down?
Meanwhile, you should note that there is a feature similar to Facebook Ignore Messages called Filtered Messages, but they aren’t the same thing. In your Facebook messenger, when you send a message to someone, there are few tricks to find out if they ignored it, and here’s how to know:
- How do you know if your message is being ignored on Facebook Messenger?
- How do you ignore someone on Messenger?
- How to see message requests on Messenger 2019
- How to block someone on Messenger
- Is Messenger down?
Facebook Ignore Messages Option
The two key functions of Facebook Ignore Messages is to add messages that have been marked by users into its folder and to intercept messages from people that aren’t on your friend list.
This tells you that any new messages you get from people who aren’t on your friend list will be automatically moved to the Ignored Messages list until you choose to accept them. But immediately you accept any of those messages, the senders become your Messenger contact. This means whenever they send messages; it appears on your inbox folder just like every other person on your friend list.
How do you ignore someone on Messenger?
If you keep getting messages from people who don’t want to speak to or strangers you’d rather ignore, you can easily refuse to reply. However, for those that refuse to acknowledge your decision, here are the steps to block them finally:
- Open your Facebook Messenger
- Open the Chat you choose to ignore
- Click on the info icon close to the Messenger video and call icons
- Scroll down to Ignore Messenger, then click on it.
- Click on Confirm
- The Chat will be moved to Messenger’s messages request, immediately.
How to see message requests on Messenger
Several forms of Instant Messaging have been around for a while now. From time to time, spammers have found new targets through Facebook Messenger.
It was this menace that prompted the company to develop new tactics to sieve legitimate messages from those that are of uncouth intentions. It was also designed to give users the option of choosing who to communicate with and who to ignore.
If someone you don’t have on your friend list sends you a message on Facebook, you’ll get a message request alert, and here’s how to see it:
For Desktop App:
- Open Facebook Messenger on your Windows or macOS
- Click on your profile in the top left corner of your screen
- Click Message Requests.
For your Mobile device:
- Open Facebook Messenger on your mobile device
- Tap on your profile picture at the top left corner of your screen
- Scroll down, and select Message Requests
Pretty basic, right? Well, there’s how to see message requests on Messenger.
How to block someone on Messenger
With a few simple steps, you can easily block and unblock anyone on your Facebook Messenger App.
To do this, you’ll have to click on your profile picture to access the “people” section of the app. After scrolling through the menu, you can block and unblock your friends by searching for a specific person and selecting their name.
Although, knowing how to block someone on Messenger isn’t the same as blocking someone on Facebook. The two apps have separate functions. However, you can view Messenger and Facebook settings in the same place. Blocking someone on Facebook removes the person from your friend list and also blocks them on Messenger. On the other hand, blocking someone on Messenger only blocks the person’s messages and calls, but they remain on your friend list.
Learning how to block someone on Messenger and unblocking them comes together.
Steps to block someone on Messenger:
- Open the Messenger app on your device
- Tap your profile picture located in a circle at the top-left corner of your screen
- Scroll down to the “preferences” section
- Tap “people.”
- Scroll down to the last option on the “people” page, then tap “Blocked.”
- Tap “Add someone.”
- Scroll through your friend list then tap the name of the person you want to block. If your list is super long, you can search for the person’s name.
- Tap “Block on Messenger.” You will see an option to block the person on Facebook.
- A pop-up will be displayed confirming your choice to block. Tap “Block” to complete the process.
How to Unblock Someone on Messenger
- Open the Messenger app on your device
- Tap your profile picture located at the top left corner of the screen.
- Scroll down to the “Preferences” section.
- Tap “people.”
- At the last option on the “People” page, Tap “Blocked.”
- You will see “add someone” above. You will see a list of people you have blocked then tap on the name of the person you want to unblock.
- Tap “Unblock Messenger”
- A pop-up will be displayed confirming your choice to unblock someone. When you tap “Unblock,” the process is completed.
Is Messenger Down?
This is a general question when we encounter problems logging in our Facebook account, or a message refuses to send, or when our post refuses to upload. There are several reasons why this question could come up, but most of the time, the problem could typically glitch in signing in, uploading, or messaging.
Nonetheless, you should be wary of hackers, as there are cases where people’s accounts were logged out, and there was no way for them to log back in. In cases like this, it is more likely that the account has been hacked, and the password changed.
Now that you know how to see message requests and have learned how to block someone on Messenger, you can finally improve your Facebook experience. It is no news that the ever-expanding social media community is crawling with individuals carrying devious intentions.
If this article was helpful, you can save our page and turn on our notification to get insightful content and updates regularly. Thanks!