Well, do you also use Facebook a lot? Are you feeling that Facebook isn’t safeguarding your data or privacy? Or else, are you addicted to Facebook and cannot concentrate on your personal life?
Finally, decided to delete your Facebook account right now? But how?
Don’t worry. You are in the right place to find out solutions to the question how to delete your facebook account.
Dive deeper into the article to know more about deleting your Facebook account, is it worth deleting, how to keep your data safe online, and many more.
Choose either you want to deactivate or delete your Facebook account
Deactivating and deleting your Facebook accounts are two different choices. So, before going to delete your Facebook account you must know the difference between the two.
Imagine Facebook as a long, massive wall. And deactivating the account is just like hiding behind that wall. Whereas, deleting the Facebook account is completely destroying your existence around that wall.
If you take a long break from Facebook then deactivating your account is the best option. If you don’t want to use your account then you can delete your account undoubtedly.
So, choose what do you want: either deactivation or deletion of your Facebook account permanently?
Let me explain to you more clearly what happens when you deactivate or delete your Facebook account. So that you can make a clear idea about what you want.
What happens when you deactivate or delete your account?
Both deactivating and deleting are the two choices for taking a break from Facebook. However, there are several distinct features for both deactivating and deleting your Facebook accounts.
Want to know?
If you choose to deactivate your account then,
- No one can view you or access your information. All your information will be hidden. However, Facebook authority can still access your data.
- No one can even see your activities, timelines, profile.
- However, if you have joined any groups then the admin of that group can view your name, profile, posts, and comments that you have posted earlier.
- Also, you can have a chance to use the messenger app.
But if you have strongly decided to delete your account permanently then, you may not have a chance to reuse or open your Facebook account again.
Here are a few points that you must note while deleting your account.
If you wish to delete your Facebook account permanently then,
- You can never access your Facebook account again. And it’s impossible to reactivate your account.
- The posts, comments, timelines will be completely lost.
- Moreover, you might not have a chance to use the apps that are linked to Facebook.
- So, you cannot access the messenger even.
- However, the messages that you have sent to your friends and family are still visible to your friends
This is what exactly happens when you deactivate or delete your Facebook account.
How to deactivate your Facebook account easily?
Deactivating your account is an easier option than deleting your Facebook account. Also, it just takes a few minutes to complete the whole process.
How? Don’t worry. Here is the complete process. And all you need to do is to follow the steps given below to deactivate your Facebook account.
- Login to your Facebook account. And go to the “Settings” of your Facebook page.
- Then, it displays a set of options for you. In those options, You find “Your Facebook Information.” Tap on it.
- Next, click on the option “Delete your Account and Information.”
- In case, if you haven’t found any direct option to delete your account and info, choose another option “Account Ownership and Control.”
- Now, you see an option to deactivate your account temporarily or delete your account permanently.
- Click on “Deactivate the account.”
- Then, Facebook asks you to enter your password for privacy concerns. So, enter your current password.
- Click on “Continue.” After that, it displays a few options to choose to know the reason behind your account deactivation. Choose one of the options you prefer.
- Then it displays “your account will be reactivated after 7 days automatically.” Finally, click on the option “Continue.”
And that’s it. You are done with your account deactivation successfully. What to do If you want to reuse your account within 7 days?
Don’t worry. Just log in and use the account at any time.
How to delete your Facebook account in a few steps?
Deleting the Facebook account also has similar steps to that of deactivating your Facebook account. Here are the complete steps on how to delete your Facebook account.
Just follow the given steps to delete your account easily.
The steps in this are for the desktop version. And the process might be a bit different for mobile versions. Don’t worry. I will let you know both in detail here.
In the desktop version:
- Go to the top right corner menu that is just beside the notification bar. Select the option “Settings and Privacy.”
- Tap on it. Then choose the “Settings” option.
- Then, it displays a set of options on your left side. Select the option “Your Facebook Information” from it.
- Next, choose the “deactivation or deletion” option.
- Select the option “Permanently delete the account.” And hit the continue and account deletion button.
- Again click on the “Delete Account” button. And now, the process of deleting your account begins.
- After that, it asks you to enter your current password. Now, enter your current password and hit the continue button.
That’s it. You are done. This is in the desktop version. Now, let’s know how to delete your Facebook account using your mobile.
In the mobile version:
- Log in to your Facebook. And go to the menu bar.
- Scroll down and click on “Settings.”
- Then, choose the option “ Account Ownership and Control.”
- Now you see an option to either deactivate your account or delete your account. Choose to delete the account permanently option.
- Then click on the “Continue” button to continue the process.
- After that, it asks for your current password as in the desktop version. Enter your password and continue the process as you have done for the desktop version.
That’s it. You have successfully deleted your account. However, Facebook doesn’t delete your account immediately. It gives you 30 days to change your decision. After 30 days it begins to delete your Facebook account completely.
If you wish not to delete your account, then you can also regain your Facebook account. So, you still have a chance to regain your account.
Is deleting your Facebook account a good choice?
Well, the answer is pretty simple. Want to know?
Is deleting your Facebook account a good choice? The answer is it depends on your usage of Facebook.
I know the answer is frustrating but it’s a fact. And you must digest it.
If you use Facebook to share and gain knowledge then it is definitely the bad option to delete your account. But if you want to get free from Facebook addiction then it’s the best option.
Do you know more than 890 people are logging in to Facebook every day according to the statistics? And most people stay online for a minimum of 40 minutes a day.
Most people delete their Facebook accounts to prevent their private data from flowing out, to concentrate on their personal life. And to get rid of the Facebook addiction that is more dangerous than any alcohol addiction.
This not only affects the people physically but also hitting badly psychologically. Many people are concerned with doctors because of their Facebook addictions. And the number of patients is increasing pretty well.
So, many studies and assessments proved that deleting the Facebook account is a good choice. Actually, it is the best choice to recover your wellness in your life.
However, it also depends on your usage. If you use it wisely for your personal development then it’s a boon or else a bane.
What do you choose?
So, here is all about how to delete your Facebook account. And it all depends on you to use it or to delete it.
If you are badly addicted to Facebook, then deactivate your account as soon as possible. However, the direct deletion of the Facebook account is also not a perfect choice for you.
Avoid Facebook addiction slowly and steadily. A slow change gives you long-lasting and tastier results.
So, what do you think? Do you deactivate or delete your account? Choose which works better for you and then take action about it?
How to Delete Facebook Account video: