Post Menu and Details.
- Why the Frustrating Notification?
- How do we fix this problem?
- This Page isn’t Available to Have a Username – How to Fix?
- How to Create a Facebook Username
- Why is a Facebook Page Username Important?
- Not eligible to create a username Final Thoughts
- Facebook, you are not eligible to create a username - How to Fix? 2021 FAQs
Reading time: ~4 minutes
If you own a Facebook account, and you need to change your username, but you keep receiving that frustrating “you are not eligible to create a username” notification, just know that there’s a way around it.
In this article, we will show you how to fix this problem and remove that irritant once and for all. We all know that a username allows your Facebook page to be tagged easily by your Facebook friends and other Facebook users. It also provides your page with an excellent URL address without all the usual unnecessary numbers attached to the end of it.
Everyone would like to own a brand; even your regular Facebook requires a qualified username. Even though you can change it anytime, you want to something you prefer.
The “you are not eligible to create a username” is a standard error on Facebook, so don’t be bothered as it can always be fixed, and that’s what we are about to show you.
Why the Frustrating Notification?
The list below shows the reasons why you are being refused a modification to your Facebook page:
- You open your Facebook page newly.
- Your Facebook page is yet to get up to 25 likes.
- You are not the page’s Admin.
- Someone else or another page uses that particular username.
How do we fix this problem?
- Launch the Facebook app or visit the site and log on to your page
- At the top of the page, click “Settings.”
- Check the left bar and click “Page Roles.”
- Click “Assign a New Page Role,” then temporarily add anyone you want as an Admin to the page.
- You can then use their account to create and manage the page username.
This should help resolve the problem. However, be careful not to use a person that is already an Admin on another Facebook page, which is why it is vital to let the person know you’re about to make them an Admin.
You can use any of your friends, relatives, but they must not be an Admin on any other Facebook page.
This is so because all pages have a unique username that can be easily tagged by other Facebook users.
This Page isn’t Available to Have a Username – How to Fix?
Suppose you’re a bit conversant with Facebook error notifications. In that case, you’ll understand that most of its error notifications that relate to changing usernames are typically “this page isn’t available to have a username.”
Nonetheless, we’ve provided details below as a solution to help you with the problem or error. Another major issue with writing a username on the Facebook business page is “this page does not qualify to have a username ERROR” – we are also going to fix this.
How to Create a Facebook Username
By following the procedures below, you’ll be able to create or change your Facebook username or set your Facebook username:
- Click at the top right corner of your Facebook page and select “Settings.”
- Click “Username”
- You can then go ahead to enter your new username and password and then enter “Save Changes.”
The solution we provided below has to do with Facebook users who want to create a username for their Facebook business page, not personal Facebook usernames. To change or create your Facebook business page username is entirely different. You have to be an admin to carry out the procedure.
Follow these steps below:
- On the left side of your page, click “About.”
- On your current page’s username, click “Edit.”
- Then enter a new username.
- If the username you chose is available and follows the Facebook guidelines for custom usernames, you can click on “Create Username.”
After following the steps, your page’s username will be displayed below your page’s name and your Page’s URL to help anyone on Facebook discover and remember your page. An excellent example of an ideal username could be @JakeStore if the Page name is Jake Store.
Also, it is likely that the username for your new page will not be created immediately if you’ve made several new pages recently. It is important to note that a page’s username can be removed due to inactivity.
You also need to understand that you have to meet with Facebook to create a custom and portable username for your username and business page.
Why is a Facebook Page Username Important?
One of the most fundamental reasons for creating a Facebook page username is to make your page visible and easy to tag by other Facebook users. This implies that when you choose a username for your Facebook page. Facebook makes it easier for anyone on Facebook to find your page directly or through a search.
The main reason you receive the message “you are not eligible to create a username” is that the particular username you chose has is already being used by another Facebook user.
Several things have to be considered; things that make a page qualified to have a username. The maximum length for a Facebook username is currently 50 characters.
Not eligible to create a username Final Thoughts
The “you are not eligible to create a username” message doesn’t mean there’s anything wrong with your account or business page. And with these steps we’ve provided you with, you can handle the issue better by yourself.
Thanks for taking the time to read through!
Facebook, you are not eligible to create a username – How to Fix? 2021 FAQs
What does Facebook pay per 1000 views?
You will have $7.19 per 1000 impressions. It is not much, but not less.
What is a valid username?
It is mean your email address. Don’t use symbols or spaces