Post Menu and Details.
- Mobile games for students
- Dragon's Lair
- Froodie – Frogodi Frogger
- Wolfenstein 3D Classic
- Civilization Revolution 2
- Earthworm Jim
- Connect 4
Reading time: ~4 minutes
Need an old-school fix? Now you can download wonderful classic mobile games to your mobile phone. Most of them work on both Android and iOS devices, like the iPhone. Some are even available for your tablet. Although many, but not all classic games have been transferred to modern phones and tablets.
Mobile games for students
The games we have listed below are our favorites not only because the story matches the classic game, but because the graphics are usually either similar or even better than the originals. They help to developmental activities, grammar skills, use modern technologies such as editius.com. So let’s look at them.
- EA Tetris has the appeal of a classic game.
- The control is good.
- New Explorer mode is fun.
- Repeats the same music if you do not pay a commission.
- Internet connection required.
- Intrusive ads.
Tetris is as big as ever, but don’t expect any amazing new tricks. Although it is not very different from the original, you can say that this is what makes it so enjoyable. There are several Tetris games available for Android and iPhone, but not all of them have such an original, classic look. The closest option for Android is “TETRIS” from Electronic Arts. EA also has a “TETRIS Blitz” for iPhone / iPad and Android, which is a bit richer and more modern than the classic edition.
- Has both the classic mode and the new command mode.
- Multiplayer online feature.
- The quality of the graphics corresponds to the original game.
- Multi-user network mode on the Internet is a bit buggy.
- Two players cannot play face to face on the same device.
- Purchases in the application are required to reach higher levels – in the paid program.
“Battleship” is a smooth, fun adaptation of the classic board game. You and your opponent place ships on their own sides of the game, and then you both try to sink the other player’s ships, guessing where they are in the grid. You can get “Battleship: Official Edition” from Marmalade Game Studio on Google Play. However, there are alternatives from developers such as Smuttlewerk Interactive.
- The fully animated game includes original scenes.
- High definition graphics.
- Many complaints of failure and freezing since the last update
“Dragon’s Lair” is a copy of a beautiful classic arcade – and as unpleasant as you remember. You are trying to save Princess Daphne from Singe Dragon. You can download this game from Google Play. To play “Dragon’s Lair” on iPhone, download it from iTunes; Another version, “Dragon’s Lair HD,” is available for iPad as well as iTunes. You can also capture “Dragon’s Lair 2: Time Deformation” on your Android, iPhone or iPad.
Froodie – Frogodi Frogger
- Classic Frogger game with HD graphics and arcade sounds.
- The game includes new special forces.
- Easy game is quickly complicated.
- The free version does not run in iOS 12.
- Reports for crashes in the paid version of iOS 11 and later.
- Need more levels.
“Froodie” has new visual effects, but the gameplay remains the same as the classic arcades of the early 80’s. Try to move the frog across the street or river, avoiding obstacles in the way.
Wolfenstein 3D Classic
- Includes all six original episodes.
- Good control and good games.
- Has not been updated since 2014.
- Not available in the iOS App Store or Google Play.
The best old-school game, “Wolfenstein 3D Classic” – is a copy of the pictures for the PC in the early ’90s. It’s about as deep as a children’s pool, but good luck finding faster action on your phone. If you are using Android, you can install this game from Uptodown.
Civilization Revolution 2
- A more animated version of the original.
- The gameplay is very similar to its popular predecessor.
- No Android update since 2014.
- At a high price.
- Cool training.
“Civilization Revolution” takes a traditionally long strategic game and kills everything interesting in the phone or tablet. Unfortunately, the developer of this game, 2K, no longer offers the original “Civilization Revolution”.
- Beautifully decorated levels.
- True to the plot of the original console game.
- Play for free forever. Save at all times.
- On-screen D-pad controls sometimes interfere.
- It is difficult to make precise jumps with the help of virtual control.
Despite the hard game on the platform, “Earthworm Jim” does not translate well to mobile devices, but it is still interesting. You are a robotic earthworm that has to avoid obstacles when fighting enemies.
- Strongly resembles the original board game.
- Levels of difficulty are well located.
- Much more difficult than it seems.
- Many users claim to be computer scammers.
- Intrusive advertising.
- Some new users find the game “boring”.
Connect 4 is a solid version of a classic board game with some graphics and gameplay. You can play alone or with others online. IPad and iPhone users can grab “Connect 4” in the App Store. Android players have other options. “4 in a row king” – this is the name of one game “Connect Four” on Google Play. A similar one is called “4 in a row” Connect multiplayer “.
- Play several games with your friends at the same time.
- Built-in official Scrabble dictionary.
- The function of a teacher reveals the best game – after the game.
- Excessive advertising in the free version of the game.
- The premium version of the game is overstated.
- The computer makes words that are not words.
“Erudite” is as fun as a classic board game, now without the possibility of losing the tile! Play alone or with friends online. Electronic Arts offers free Scrabble game for Android, iPhone and iPad.
Thank you for reading!