Post Menu and Details.
- Avira Antivirus Software Review
- Pros and Cons of Avira Antivirus
- Avast Antivirus Software Review
- Pros and Cons of Avast Antivirus
- Avira vs Avast: Similarities
- Avast vs Avira Antivirus: differences
- Avast vs Avira: Malware protection
- Avast vs Avira: Installation and Support
- Which antivirus software is better between Avira and Avast?
- Avast vs Avira FAQs
Reading time: ~10 minutes
Looking for antivirus in 2021? Avast vs Avira are both great choices, but which one is better? Let’s have an Ultimate comparison of both features. In 2021, it is more important than ever to secure the digital parts of our lives and this is why we are putting Avast vs Avira head to head to help anyone reading this article choose the right antivirus software for their needs.
This comprehensive head-to-head comparison is based on our seasoned expert’s research and those of top independent labs in the world to enable you to make an informed decision on which is the best option for you.
Avira Antivirus Software Review
Avira Antivirus is a pro malware protection software that helps avert any threats to your system’s security. It is quite efficient in detecting threats without any lags to the computer system. It is not only capable of detecting file viruses but works when browsing the web.
When visiting a website that is known to be a threat, the antivirus software blocks it and displays a message to warn you. This prevents you from visiting websites that have malware hidden in them.
Furthermore, it helps protect you from various phishing schemes that try to steal your identity and personal data. Moreover, it provides various useful features such as VPN, Password manager as well as system vulnerability detection.
Pricing Plans for Avira Antivirus
The Avira Antivirus Software comes with various pricing plans that you can choose from. Each plan includes its own unique features. The main plans, as well as their pricing, are:
- Avira Free Security Suite which is available for Free.
- Antivirus Pro package is available for purchase at $44.99 per year
- Internet Security Suite is available for purchase at $57.99 per year
- Avira Prime is available for purchase at $99.99 per year
The Free Security Suite includes very basic features such as malware, spyware, virus, and rootkit detection. Also included is a firewall management system as well as a bootable rescue disc. What’s more, is that you don’t need to sign up or register with Avira to use it.
A limited system optimizer, as well as a free VPN, is included as well. Furthermore, the software offers two browser extensions as well, namely SafeSearch Plus and Safe Shopping. This lets you browse safely while blocking any unsafe or dangerous websites.
The Pro Suite includes a number of different features including all the features of the free plan. This also includes data and identity protection, email and network protection, premium customer support, firewall control, Device scans, and ransomware protection.
Avira Internet Security
The package simply includes all features of the Pro package and simply adds updated firewall settings.
Avira Prime is the ultimate package offered by Avira. It features tools that allow you to tune your PC’s speed to better support the software. It also includes a VPN. But, that’s not all! It also features premium mobile apps that can help you keep your phone safe from malware.
Features of Avira Antivirus
- Avira Phantom VPN: This allows you to use about 500 MB of internet traffic without worrying about identity theft.
- Do Not Track Plus: Blocks ads on the browser and allows anonymity.
- Experts Market: It is a crowdsourced forum for technical support. The Free Plan does not offer technical support, so you can easily ask others in the forum.
- Safe Shopping: Helps you avoid any harmful shopping websites that try to steal your financial information.
- Software Updater: Scans and updates any software automatically in a secure manner.
- Avira System Speedup: Helps you save on CPU processing power so that the system doesn’t lag.
- Password Manager: Save all passwords in a secure manner.
- Connect: Allows you to remotely monitor all your devices.
Avira recently updated its user interface to make it more modern and sleeker. The interface includes five tabs on the left side like a Windows Start Menu. You can click on these tabs to access any tool you like. Most users seem to find it hard to access them because of the various layers and elements It tends to make things a little complicated.
The Device Scan button is almost invisible sitting in one corner of the screen. The overall color scheme is quite light and bright.
The green color indicates the status and helps you find whether your system is secure or not. All in all, the user interface is nice, but it could have been better.
An important aspect to consider is how much system resources the software takes up from your device. Avira does not impact too much on the system. In fact, it takes merely 28 seconds to boot up Windows with Avira installed. This is also the average time it takes for the system without any anti-virus to boot.
Avira requires the following minimum system requirements:
- Windows 7-10
- 2GB RAM
- 2GB Hard Disk Space
- Intel Pentium 4
Pros and Cons of Avira Antivirus
|Protects your system from all kinds of malware.||The system scans slowly.|
|Includes unique features such as password manager, VPN, etc||Complex User interface.|
|Lightweight on the system||Does not work with Internet Explorer|
|Easy to install and update|
|Includes a “Do Not Track” feature|
Avast Antivirus Software Review
Avast software is a popular antivirus option that offers premium and free offers. It offers you the best protection for your system and servers. The software also adds a browser certificate to protect your browser so it can check your web traffic. You can also install it on multiple devices. It is also easy to set up and install.
It effectively and actively blocks all malware and provides top-notch security for all of your devices. The best thing about Avast software is that its free plan contains many features that you can benefit from.
This includes a vulnerability scanner that you can use to find vulnerabilities in the software. What is perhaps the best feature of the software is the Gamer Mode, the software automatically detects when you’re playing games and switches to gamer mode.
In this mode, it delays any scans to avoid any unnecessary lags so you can enjoy your games in peace. However, this doesn’t mean that Avast stops working as it still actively protects and blocks any threats or malware.
Pricing Plans for Avast Antivirus
The Avast Antivirus Software comes with various subscription plans that you can choose from and it also has a free trial version. Each plan includes its own unique features below:
- Avast Free Antivirus: Avast Free includes many more features than the Avira Software system. It contains basic anti-malware protection and a bootable rescue disk. In addition, it offers web browsing and email protection, silent game mode, router and network security, browser cleaning option, and password manager. The free plan also includes a 30-day free trial for the VPN.
- Avast Pro Antivirus: which cost $49.99 per year, this plan includes everything in the free plan as well the sandbox feature, which allows you to run and review any suspicious files without affecting your plan, also includes a real website feature that protects your identity and financial information while shopping.
- Avast Internet Security: This features an advanced firewall as well as ransomware protection. It also comprises of features from both Avast free and Avast Pro Antivirus. This plan costs $59.99 per year.
- Avast Premier: Avast Premier includes all the above features as well as protection from webcam spying and a data shredder option to get rid of sensitive files safely. In addition to this, it also updates any software without any threats. It cost $69.99 per year.
Avast Ultimate: The Ultimate version includes all the features including a few more such as SecureLine VPN and premium versions of Password Manager and Clean-up. This plan costs $119.99 per year.
- SafeZone: This allows you to open a banking website with maximum protection to prevent any phishing scams.
- Deep-Screen: Provides automatic protection from all threats and files.
- Access-Anywhere: This allows you to access your computer from a remote location.
- Remote Assistance: Troubleshoots issues or threats in your computer from a remote location.
- Wi-Fi Inspector: Protects your systems from malware that may enter your system through loopholes in your Wi-Fi and router.
- Avast Passwords: Stores all your passwords and even suggests new passwords for you.
- SecureLine VPN: Helps in anonymous browsing for a safer internet connection.
The software offers a dark interface that looks elegant and sophisticated. It consists of 4 tabs on the left side, through which you can access all necessary settings. Green indicates that everything is well protected, while red areas indicate where the problem is. Overall, the Avast interface is fairly easy to use and simpler.
Avast is also relatively easy in the system because the system boots up within 30 seconds. However, compared to Avira, where there was no delay, Avast is a little slower and just a little heavier. The quick scan on the Avast takes approximately 2 minutes, while Avira takes approximately 1 minute.
The system requirements below are the minimum for Avast are:
- Windows 7 or higher version is required.
- 256 MB RAM must be available.
- Intel Pentium 4 or above is needed.
- 2 GB Hard Disk Space is required.
Pros and Cons of Avast Antivirus
|Helps protect all your systems including the router and the home network system||A little slower on the system.|
|Includes exclusive features such as Gaming Mode and SafeZone||It does not display threats within the browser.|
|Allows remote access to your computer||Uses a Pop-up system which can be annoying.|
|Easy to install.|
|Simple user interface.|
|The free plan includes a lot of different features (more than Avira).|
Avira vs Avast: Similarities
Avast and Avira are both excellent antivirus software so it should come as no shock that they contain various similarities.
- Free Pricing Plan: The main similarity is that both software programs offer a free pricing plan with various exclusive features that provide anti-virus, anti-spyware and rootkit scanner kits, real-time protection, and on-demand scanning. Avast scores higher in this part of the comparison, as it offers P2P protection, chat protection, network shield, gaming mode facility, along an intelligent scanner facility.
- Premium protection: Each software contains various functions to protect your computer or mobile phone from threats.
- VPN: A virtual private network protects your privacy online, Avira, and Avast both offer a good limited virtual private network feature (also known as VPN) in their free versions.
- Password manager: The password manager function is included in both programs. This way you can save your passwords in a safe place at any time.
- Browser extensions: Both programs offer two free browser extensions. Avast offers the extensions SafePrice and Online Security, while Avira offers the extensions SafeShopping and SafeSearch Plus.
Avast vs Avira Antivirus: differences
Although both software effectively protects your device, they still have their differences.
- User interface: The Avast interface is simpler and more user-friendly. On the other hand, the Avira user interface is somewhat complex and rough.
- System resources: Avira is somewhat lighter in the system and has no major impact on system performance. It even contains functions that can be used to avoid system delays. On the other hand, Avast tends to be a bit heavier, although it only requires 256 MB of memory.
- Free Version Features: Although both offer a free version, there seems to be a big difference between the two. The free version of Avast has more features than Avira.
- Support: Avast offers free support to all users, while Avira only offers support for its other plans. However, Avira offers a technical forum where you can get support from other users.
- Pricing: When you look at the pricing plans, it is clear that Avast is a little more expensive. However, it also offers more features, so the price might be justified.
Avast vs Avira: Malware protection
Defense from malware is the top concern of any antivirus program. Antivirus protection will be based on how well it can protect your device from these types of attacks. The performance will be done by independent tests evaluated by AV-Test and AV-Comparative, which are two security technology firms that run extensive tests on antivirus software. We found that Avira gains the upper hand in this category.
Avast vs Avira: Installation and Support
Once you download the Avast Antivirus, it also comes with the automatic installation of Google Chrome. You can avoid installing this software by being vigilant and un-checking the box that appears at the time of installation. The process of the installation takes around 6 minutes.
Even though it’s easy to set up an Avast account, it’s not necessary in order to access your antivirus software. Avast offers technical support for its users, but it’s not 24/7 – support is only available during 8 AM and 5 PM CET, on weekdays. Avira Antivirus takes around 7 minutes and 55 seconds to complete the installation.
You do not require an Avira account in order to access your antivirus, but if you do sign up for the account you can enjoy the online version of Avira Connect that also comes with data worth 1GB (Phantom VPN). Avira offers technical support for its users but it is only accessible through social media.
Which antivirus software is better between Avira and Avast?
Avast and Avira are two powerful antivirus products that you can use for free or get their paid versions. They offer first-class protection for all types of systems. Where Avast is simpler and contains more functions, Avira is a little cheaper and easier to use.
In our opinion, I will suggest buying Avast than Avira as independent third-party AV testing shows that this product stops viruses and malware more effectively. This is the most important aspect to protect our sensitive data.
Avast vs Avira FAQs
Is Avira Antivirus Free?
Avira offers a free version of its anti-virus program that uses the same powerful scan engine and the premium version. It scans and protects against a wide variety of malware and offers real-time protection (a rare feature for free antivirus software).
For example, you can install a free version of the Phantom VPN, but the data limits are very low and you won’t be able to choose different server locations. To access all Avira security features, you can try one of the premium packages for 30 days free of charge, including the Avira Prime package.
How do I uninstall/remove Avast Antivirus from your device?
- Click the “Start” button on your desktop.
- Find and double click on “Control Panel”.
- Look in the Control Panel where the “Add / Remove Program” icon is located. When you find it, double click it.
- You will now see a list of the programs installed on your computer. Look for the AVG icon in the list.
- Select AVG and click on Uninstall.
This should help you successfully remove Avast from your computer. However, sometimes it cannot be uninstalled for some reason. In this case, there is another option to uninstall the Avast antivirus software from your device. This can be done using Perfect Uninstaller.
The perfect uninstaller works very easily and is 100% automatic, it will uninstall any software programs from your system. Once the program is uninstalled, Perfect Uninstaller will scan your registry and drivers to see if there are any files left that are related to AVG. In this case, the uninstaller will remove the Avast Antivirus files.
What the Avast internet security price?
$55,99 for 1 year with a 20% discount applied. You might be don’t worry about the safety of your online shopping and banking with this package.
Thank you for reading!