Post Menu and Details.
- Active Norton 360 offers:
- A short description of Norton 360 antivirus
- Features of Norton 360
- Norton Password Manager
- Norton products and subscription plans
- LifeLock Select plan
- LifeLock Ultimate Plus
- Download and Installation
- Norton 360 FAQs
Reading time: ~20 minutes
Active Norton 360 offers:
|Norton||$45 OFF Norton 360 Standard|
|Norton||$60 OFF Norton 360 Deluxe|
|Norton||$50 OFF Norton 360 with LifeLock Select|
|Norton||$90 OFF Norton 360 with LifeLock Ultimate Plus|
It is important to understand that internet devices (e.g., cell phones, PCs and Macs, etc.) are invaluable to the lives of millions of people around the world as every aspect of our daily routine is dependent on processes and processes of internet use, despite the many advantages. We are derived from these internet devices; people are trying to destroy these manufacturing processes by creating software to attack and steal our data. They cause threats such as viruses, spyware, rootkits, keyloggers, and various malware attacks. It can damage our devices if we accidentally open them. Efforts have also been made to counter the worst effects of these attacks, and one of the software to combat it is Norton 360 Antivirus.
A short description of Norton 360 antivirus
If you’ve ever thought about getting antivirus software, choosing antivirus software like Norton 360 Antivirus for your Internet devices is not an easy task as Symantec Norton Antivirus is an exception to guaranteed 100% protection against malware and software. Spyware and phishing threats, digital surveillance, and identity theft without malicious notifications or device performance degradation.
Not only does it protect its users from malware attacks, but it also optimizes cybersecurity management with built-in functions such as VPN (Virtual Private Network), password manager, and cloud backup. Norton Antivirus has some of the best parental controls available.
Norton 360 has improved dramatically over the years, and many of the problems that plagued it in the past are largely gone. Because it has so much to offer, it has been a household name for many years providing antivirus protection to millions of users.
In summary, Norton antivirus is best for the five core security features, which includes:
- A secure Virtual private network (VPN)
- Device security and protection
- Cloud back-up
- Password manager
- Finally, Parental control (which is offered on 360 Deluxe and 360 premium plans only).
Before we go further in this article, we will be providing answers to some common questions that are usually asked by everyone hoping to secure and avoid various internet threats using an antivirus.
Here is a list of question and answers as regards Norton 360 antivirus:
Is Norton Antivirus good and safe to use?
Norton 360 Antivirus was recently impressed with its independent lab test results as we also enjoyed the various add-ons like Password Manager and VPN (We found two cool features useful). This antivirus software may not be considered the cheapest solution on the market. Still, it is a leading antivirus for many reasons as it also provides great offline security solutions to its users.
Is Norton 360 Antivirus good value for money?
Of course, yes, although you might think Norton 360 Antivirus is relatively expensive and has few paid plans, the amount you pay is significant, especially when there are cheaper antivirus options out there. On the market. Norton 360 Antivirus, on the other hand, offers a high level of malware and ransomware prevention and protection with smooth operation and a great package for its users. So, it’s just a matter of what do you need Norton 360 Antivirus for?
Does Norton 360 antivirus offer a free plan?
No, the product does not provide a free version. However, users can enjoy a trial version of their product for a period of 30 days, and you can start the trial during the installation. And if you do not like the product works, you can uninstall it from your device, and the system will not charge you for it.
Is there a free plan for Norton 360 Antivirus?
No, the product does not offer a free version. However, users can enjoy a trial version of their product for 30 days, and you can start the trial version during installation. And if you don’t want the product to work, you can uninstall it from your device, and the system won’t charge you anything.
Is Norton 360 Antivirus compatible with all devices?
Norton 360 Antivirus is available to all Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android users. Windows users need to have Windows XP (32 bit) Home / Professional with Service Pack 3 or higher installed on their PC, while for Mac users, the required version is OS X 10.7.5 (Lion) or higher. Android users must have Android 4.1 Jelly Bean or higher on their devices. To use the Norton Family Premier Android app as a Norton subscriber, Android users need their Android device OS version 4.0 or higher. In contrast, iOS users need to install iOS 8 or higher on their Apple devices.
Does Norton 360 Antivirus scan the external hard drive for viruses and threats?
One of Norton 360 antivirus’s unique features has to do with checking the external hard drives for viruses and other malware threats while performing a full system scan. Ensure the external hard drive is connected to your PC or Mac before running a full system scan.
Does Norton 360 offer great device protection?
There is no doubt that this is a potent antivirus tool that is consistently rated as one of the best performing cybersecurity products out there. Norton 360 got a perfect result in protecting the device from various malware through tests, research, and various reports. It probably showed the same strength as other competitors in the market like McAfee and Bitdefender.
With a quick response by quarantining all malicious files and stopping all suspicious processes. Norton 360 Antivirus prevented attempts by simulated threats to encrypt files, transfer data from the device, or hijack the processor for cryptocurrency mining.
Also, Norton Antivirus ran a full scan test completed in less than 2 hours because I could use the computer without slowing down for the entire scan. Norton’s security tools are configured to be light, quick, and easy to use, making Norton Antivirus one of the top brands in malware protection.
The device is infected.
If your device is infected and Norton cannot remove the virus, Company policies also entitle you to a full refund under the Norton Virus Protection Promise. Such a generous offer shares a similar policy with some competitors in the market like McAfee and Comodo.
Why Norton 360 Antivirus?
The antivirus company Norton 360 (Symantec) has been around for several years and is known for its excellent antivirus products. It is one of the largest and most influential companies in the antivirus industry and relies on its product quality.
If what you are looking for is an antivirus with some of the best versatile parental controls with great protection algorithms, Norton antivirus might just be what you need. The company created a flexible line-up that allows its users to choose between various paid packages.
The basic Norton security plan is fair, but it is not perfect if you need more advanced features and/or protection for more than one device (PC/Mac/Mobile device), it is important to pay a little extra.
Norton 360 services’ advantage over their competitors is that they offer very competitive pricing for an average user, which is the biggest selling point available, adding to a generous 60-days money-back guarantee. Norton 360 has a great detection rate, and it is also known for its easy to use interface. Likewise, the performance rate and speed have always been Symantec’s strongest suits; And this is because Norton 360 antivirus is all in one (fast, reliable, and easy to install with a great user interface).
Below is a list of Norton antivirus great features.
Ease to use
Setting up and running Norton 360 Antivirus was pretty straightforward as the team of professionals who worked on this antivirus did an excellent job on the recent makeover. Now Norton 360 looks better than ever. You need a quick look at the dashboard to learn more about possible security holes in the system.
You can also choose your choice plan, follow the purchase instructions, and then click to run and install the software. Once done, you will see it charge and be ready, which took our device for about 3 minutes.
You will then be directed to the My Norton dashboard, from where you can set up device protection and other Norton antivirus features. Everything is self-explanatory, and you can access different menus with just one click.
Scans can be both quick and comprehensive and just a click away. By far, this is considered one of the easiest and most intuitive antivirus engines out there.
The Norton 360 user-interface
Norton 360 has been around for years when it was clumsy software with a confusing dashboard, where users had almost no idea where to go or even run a simple scan analysis.
The recent dashboard on “MY NORTON” is so sleek that you can easily navigate where to go for each feature you are looking for. It is shiny, and the functions are the best words to describe Norton’s user interface.
If there are no potential threats or dangerous malware on your device, a large green checkmark will appear.
When an error occurs, a red X mark is displayed.
You can easily see if the software is up to date or not, do quick scans, and other cool functions on the main screen. Clicking on any of the above features will take you to a single pop-up window with other settings that will give you more details about your current status and other security checks you can perform. For example, by clicking on the “Device Security” button, you can access the menu with the categories “Analyses,” “History,” “SafeCam.”
To change the settings, go to the top right corner. Below we have four menus: Security, Online Security, Performance, and Backup. Click on each option to access more options. The main downside to the UI is that while there is a lot of freedom to configure, it can be difficult to find your settings.
Norton 360 dashboard
If you are a fan of fiddling with settings, then check out the Advanced settings on your Norton 360 dashboard for the above options:
- SONAR protection (detecting unknowns security threats in real-time).
- Smart firewall.
- Intrusion prevention (hijack and ransomware attempts).
- Mail protection.
- Browser protection.
- Download intelligence (monitoring and guarding your downloads).
One of the best things about Norton Antivirus is the fact that it has almost no effect on the system. Yes, 1.6 GB of hard drive space is required, but only 50 MB of RAM is required after installation. In Task Manager, you will see Norton adding three background processes.
This is a “modest” software, which means that even people with 10-year-old computers can use the 24/7 anti-virus engine to watch movies and surf the Internet.
If you wanted to see more of Norton’s action, clicked ‘View Details’ to see an in-depth overview of the viruses we tried to install, showing details on where they had come from, what had happened as well as Norton’s recommended default actions that had taken place.
It is important to know that Norton 360 antivirus software will remove every test malware you try to install before you even try to remove it yourself.
With ransom laboratory. By testing a ransomware simulator, we are testing Norton 360’s approach to ransomware. Norton 360 discovered that something strange had happened to our device. Let us see the displeasure with a red cross. Very quickly, Norton offered us a list of security risks that were quarantined and removed from our system.
Features of Norton 360
Norton 360 has a few drawbacks; The RanSim is still discovering some vulnerabilities in Norton 360 ransomware protection. It was also vulnerable to Injector ransomware and Hollow Injector; the antivirus did not properly block the archive and delete functions. Norton 360 antivirus was too careful to block these latter two functions. We were a little concerned that he had failed to identify two dangerous ransomware ciphers.
The Norton 360 test result provides some interesting data about all forms of potential ransomware available to infect. It seems that Norton Antivirus can identify and quarantine most of them. However, there is still room for improvement.
Once Norton 360 internet protection has been set-up, which only takes a few seconds to do so, once it is enabled, a little green checkmark next to each site appears in Google searches, showing if it is a trusted site or not. Another useful notice of discovery is that one of the modes is enabled when you stumble upon a site with phishing scams.
A warning sign that shows a big orange or, in some cases, the red color usually indicates that it is not a good idea to continue. This amazing feature is handy tools that are essential for its users.
To start a scan, go to Security and choose between quick and full scans. Or, if you want to dig deeper, Norton 360 gives you different scanning options depending on what you want to do. We started with a quick scan that finished in 30 seconds and didn’t find any malicious viruses or other hidden viruses.
Norton users can make use of the Custom option then specify which files and folders to scan. Also, the “Custom Scan” option provides a little lead way. For example, it is possible to skip certain scans while keeping others in check. This includes cookies, rootkits, and certain drives (all scan options are available), and scheduling is also possible. If you’re an advanced user that needs an antivirus engine that gives you more options, Norton is not a good choice.
Cloud backup is handy because you can easily access your files on your phone, home computer, work computer, or anywhere you can access the internet. You will not lose access to your data if your computer is damaged, lost, or stolen. Norton 360 offers not only convenience but also cloud storage to protect against ransomware.
Hackers usually use ransomware to encrypt your files and force you to pay for the decryption key. Backing up in the cloud is one way to protect yourself against this threat. Suppose your files are safely backed up on Norton’s servers. It will be encrypted as it doesn’t matter if the originals are encrypted.
Norton 360’s cloud backup feature is very user-friendly that when you set up cloud backup. Norton 360 can back up your data by file type such as pictures, emails, files, office documents, etc.
Norton 360 provides the best parental control, an important investment for any parent who wants to control their children’s online content. Norton offers different levels of support for four different age groups. Younger children should have strict control, while older children/youth need more freedom. Norton 360 also offers more detailed customization options if desired. However, you can leave them in the default settings.
Norton is careful and transparent about data protection and this is because it will ask its users to accept certain functions, e.g., Location tracking on behalf of my child and explaining their implications.
Secured Virtual private network (VPN)
While some free VPN companies usually track their users’ browsing history. Internet traffic is usually sent through Norton via the VPN and it is highly encrypted. This result means that the company that intercepts your traffic will not see what you are doing.
Norton Password Manager lets you:
- Store usernames, passwords, text notes, contact details, and payment card details using secure 256-bit AES encryption.
- Assess the strength of your existing passwords.
- Generate strong new passwords.
- Automatically change passwords on over 60 sites, including Facebook, Amazon, and eBay.
- Autofill login details, addresses, and payment information as you browse the web.
Norton Password Manager
Norton Password Manager also has an Automatic Password Change feature. It can automatically change your password on compatible websites with just one click. It works on over 60 websites, including Facebook, Amazon, and eBay.
Features like Norton’s automatic password change are rare, even among the best password managers out there. Norton Password Manager has proved to be very impressed with the amazing features.
Norton Antivirus Support and Customer Service
With the simplest package, you can only call technical support if you have any installation issues. With the more expensive paid tariff, you receive 24/7 support by phone and chat, and email.
Informative and easy-to-understand articles on malware, ransomware, Internet privacy, and other important topics are in Norton Internet Security Centre. The sections are huge and cover many topics. The dedicated forum is also large, and the community is friendly and supportive.
Norton products and subscription plans
Norton has a wide range of different pricing solutions with several core features and some sophisticated offline add-ons (identity theft protection) as you go up the pricing plans. Here is a list of the various subscription plan available on Norton:
Here is what Norton 360 has to offer in terms of pricing;
|Norton 360 antivirus plan||Number of devices|
|Norton 360 standard||1 ($ 34.99) $45 OFF Norton 360 Standard|
|Norton 360 Deluxe||1 ($ 39.99) $60 OFF Norton 360 Deluxe|
|Norton 360 with LifeLock Select||5 ($ 99.99) $50 OFF Norton 360 with LifeLock Select|
|Norton 360 with LifeLock Ultimate Plus||Unlimited devices ($ 259.99) $90 OFF Norton 360 with LifeLock Ultimate Plus|
Norton 360 Standard
The most basic package, even though it’s not basic in any way, shape, or form, Norton 360 Standard will give you:
- Protection for one device: either PC, Mac, smartphone, or tablet.
- Anti-spyware, Norton antivirus, malware, and ransomware protection: keeping your device/s up to date and protected from malware, ransomware, and phishing attempts, with Norton 360’s handy and protective antivirus.
- Smart firewall: protecting your device and preventing anything malicious from infecting it.
- Password Manager: Handily store all of your online logins and even make them more safe and secure in just a few clicks.
- The Virus Protection Promise: Norton 360 with LifeLock will refund your subscription if you get a virus that it can’t remove. That’s just how confident it is!
- Secure VPN (for use on 1 device only): encrypting your connection and even allowing you access to internationally geo-blocked content too!
- PC SafeCam: giving you webcam protection against any malicious hijacking attempts, either with or without your knowledge.
- Dark Web monitoring: Ensure that your name or identity is protected from appearing on the Dark Web and notifying if this should ever happen.
It’s the cheapest package deal, at just $34.99 annually, including $45 off the subscription price. Remember, you’ll only be able to use this Norton 360 package on 1 device.
Norton 360 Deluxe
The Norton 360 Deluxe is a bit more expensive than the Standard 360. But it comes with some important additional features. You are likely to get almost the same package as the previous Plan has. But there are some specifications and additions:
- 50 GB of secure cloud storage (40GB more than on the Standard plan)
- Parental Controls: Allowing you to see what your kids are doing for their devices, where they’re located, the terms they search for, and apps they download. You can also restrict and block access to certain content or apps.
- Secure VPN (for use on up to 5 devices).
Norton 360 with LifeLock Select
Norton 360 with LifeLock Select has a more significant increase in price from the Norton 360 Deluxe package even though it is worth it. The user will access the main features described above, including firewall, password options, access control, and possible refund.
Above that, you will get:
- Privacy Monitor: This feature scans popular data broker sites for personal details to check that no one has sold your data.
- LifeLock Identity Alert: Monitoring the use of your information and sending alerts via text, phone, email, or push notification (if you have the Norton 360 software installed on your mobile device) if and when something suspicious is detected.
- US-based Identity Restoration Specialists: Should something troubling come up via the LifeLock alerts (see above), the Identity Restoration Specialists at Norton 360 will review and help you fix the issue.
- Stolen Wallet Protection: If your (offline) wallet is stolen, whether or not it has your essential details in it, you need to be protected – and fast. With this feature, you can call Norton 360, and they’ll help you cancel and replace your cards or stolen documents.
- Extremely Large Protection Package: This feature reimburses you for identity theft and your loss of expenses as a result. Norton provides you with lawyers and experts and $25,000-$1 million coverage depending on the case.
- Credit monitoring: Once your credit score is ruined, it’s challenging to return it to your previous (hard-earned) credit score. This feature will give you membership of 1 bureau of the three leading credit areas and means that Norton 360 will alert you should any fraud occur.
- SMS and Credit Alerts: Easy, seamless monitoring of identities attempting to use your name to open new credit cards, take out lines of credit, utilities, car loans, or anything otherwise suspicious. Once suspicious activity is detected, you’ll be asked to confirm whether it was an action you took, and if not, Norton 360 will ensure it is blocked.
- ID Verification Monitoring: Norton will monitor networks and alert you should a company attempt to verify your identity if it wasn’t you who requested it. Norton 360 will also help you take action to prevent any potential threats.
- Data Breach Notifications: Norton will let you know should you be the victim of any large-scale data breaches, helping you to protect your personal information should this happen.
LifeLock Select plan
The Norton 360 with LifeLock Select plan is for you. Suppose you want to cover all your bases both online and offline. Not only will you have the utmost in online protection. Across 5 devices, but your identity and more will be monitored way beyond the reach of your devices. This plan is more like a life insurance policy. Even going as far as to provide you with legal and expert support should the worst happen if your identity is stolen.
Norton 360 with LifeLock Ultimate Plus
The Norton 360 with LifeLock Ultimate Plus is, well, the ultimate in online and offline security with a lifestyle antivirus system. If you want, in addition to the features above, there is greater cloud storage, protection coverage budget, and even more options.
Here they are:
- Bank and Credit Card activity alerts: Receive all of your banking alerts directly from the Norton dashboard. Protecting your finances against fraud by monitoring all of your accounts and cards activity.
- Fictitious Identity Monitoring: This feature monitors your Social Security Number. Against ‘synthetic identity theft’ – someone attempting to use your SSN with another name. Court
- Records Scanning: Protecting you against criminal identity theft. Checking court records for any matches of your name and date of birth, protecting you from false arrest and unexplained convictions.
- 401(k) Investment Activity Alerts: Protecting you against fraudsters attempting to steal from your 401(k) plan. Keeping your nest egg under wraps and alerting you of any withdrawals or balance transfers.
- Home Title Monitoring – monitoring and information you should attempt to take out a loan or place a lien on your home without you even knowing.
LifeLock Ultimate Plus
Norton 360 with LifeLock Ultimate Plus is all-encompassing protection for almost every asset, potential type of online and offline fraud, and more that you can think of. We did say it’s best for people with many assets to protect or need extra peace of mind. We also really like that Norton 360 throws in an unlimited number of devices to use on the plan.
Norton 360 Mobile App
Norton Mobile Security is available on all 360 plans. However, if you choose Norton 360 Standard, you only get one license. So you’ll likely want to use that on a desktop or laptop.
Norton is promoting a “free” version of Norton Mobile Security. Which almost took first place on my list of the best free antivirus apps for Android until it was just a free trial. What happens is that you can download the “free” version. After a 30-day trial, it defaults to the premium version, asking you to pay money to keep using it.
Norton Mobile Security provides the following features for its users:
- There are real-time malware protection and malware scanning for its users (Android only).
- Norton mobile security provides Wi-Fi scans.
- Mobile security provides Web Protection.
- Norton mobile security provides Safe Search.
- Norton mobile security provides App Advisor, where you can check apps for privacy and battery-use issues.
The following features are also available on mobile through a separate software application:
- Password Manager mobile version.
- Norton Parental Control for its mobile users.
- Norton Secure VPN is available for its users.
We tested Norton Mobile Security on a Galaxy S10e running Android 9 OS.
The first thing that was noticed was that Norton Mobile Security has a straightforward interface. It shows the features available in the app itself. And it also displays the features that are available via a separate app.
Lab test results via AV-test
Norton 360 was reported to smash a perfect barrier in AV-Test of May/June 2021 malware detection. And removal tests, getting a 100% rating, compared to the industry average of 99.8%.
Download and Installation
For you to download Norton Antivirus, go to their official website; download, register, login and choose a package, then pay for it. Yes, it is straightforward to use. Remember, you need to uninstall any other antivirus package that may be installed on your device.
Installation usually only takes just a few minutes. The installer gives you the option to add two browser extensions (these are 100% free). There is Identity Safe, which also is a password manager. Safe Web prevents you from accessing unsafe websites.
Once installed, the software requires up to 1.6 GB of hard disk space, which is a lot. The good news is that it doesn’t take up that much RAM.
- Norton antivirus is very easy to download, install, and also user-friendly.
- Security Premium offers its users full protection for 10 devices.
- There are top-notch parental control features, which are an industry-leading feature.
- Norton antivirus for Mac users is just powerful as well as the Windows version.
- Norton mobile security for Android/iOS packages is cheap and robust.
- There Configuration options will make the tweaking enthusiasts love Norton antivirus even more because it is super easy.
- There is almost zero impact on your system performance.
- Scanning performance can be slow at times.
- Antivirus security extras are not very great compared to other competitors.
- Norton’s 2nd-year of use prices are very steep for its users.
Norton 360 FAQs
Is Norton 360 the Best Antivirus Out There?
After testing several types of cybersecurity products, we can safely say that Norton 360 is arguably the best all-around antivirus software out there. Norton’s “360-degree” marketing angle really matters and they really did everything that was expected of an antivirus. During this test, Norton protected the device on all three plans from virtually every type of cybersecurity threat. That was imposed on it.
How long does the full system scan take?
It depends entirely on the number of files on your system but averagely. The virus scans more often take over an hour to scan viruses or cyber-attacks. However, if the user has a large amount of data on your system, the scan will take longer to process.
Fortunately, Norton’s developers designed the software to run subsequent scans much faster than skipping previously scanned files. And only focusing on newer or recently changed files.
Thank you for reading!