Post Menu and Details.
Reading time: ~4 minutes
Nowadays, there is a lot of hype about Data Science and related fields like Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning, and rightly so. For many businesses and technical professionals, the COVID-19 pandemic paved the way for many opportunities in the tech sector.
So, if this field attracts you, make a career switch to data science. It has emerged to be one of the most lucrative fields in the last decade. Well, there won’t be a better time than now to take that plunge. You can apply for different job profiles, including Machine Learning Engineer, Data Scientist, Artificial Intelligence Engineer, Business Intelligence Developer, Research Scientist, Big Data Engineer/Architect, etc. It’s the magic ingredient behind the innovations that make our lives more efficient –search engine optimization, self-driving cars, speech recognition, and food delivery.
In recent times, many training institutions have come up with various online courses. Based on your knowledge and aptitude, enrol in a data science course and equip yourself with skill-sets for this field.
This well-curated article will hopefully help you with the different questions you might have related to this field.
Where Do I Start?
If you are a novice in Computer Science, you will have to be fully committed. There is nothing that you cannot achieve with consistent and high levels of motivation. Becoming a data scientist demands a solid understanding of coding languages, mathematics theory, and data modeling. Learning these subjects would help you master the concepts of Data Science as most of them are based on subjects like Linear Algebra, Mathematics, Statistics, and Probability. With basics well in place, picking up the rest is just a matter of time.
Enter The Rapidly Growing World Of Data Science
A Data Scientist is responsible for compiling and analyzing large data sets — both structured and unstructured. To advance your career in this field, you need to be proficient in certain skills regardless of your role.
- Analytics and Modeling: You should be able to analyze data sets, run tests, and create models to predict possible outcomes based on a foundation of both critical thinking and communication.
- Programming: It is expected that you know programming languages like Python and R, object-oriented programming, basic syntax, functions, flow control statements, as well as libraries and documentation. You can easily learn these topics online by enrolling in the best data science programs offered by Great Learning.
- Data Visualization: For a career trajectory, understanding how to break down complex data into smaller pieces as well as using a variety of visual aids (charts, graphs, and more) is one of the most crucial skills you need to be proficient
- Machine Learning Methods: While having expert-level knowledge in this area isn’t always necessary, just a level of familiarity is expected to start with. Decision trees, logistic regression, and more are key elements that machine learning enables and potential employers to look for these skills in job-seekers.
- Intellectual Curiosity and Technology Enthusiast: One thing that boosts your Learning is your passion and enthusiasm to learn Data Science. As someone seeking ways to become a data scientist, you need to be curious to ask questions about data because data scientists spend most of their time discovering, preparing, and analyzing data. It is essential to update your knowledge by reading relevant online content and books on trends in data science.
Great Learning offers well-curated the best data science programs designed by experts in Data Science and related fields.
Depending on where you are in terms of knowledge, as discussed, you can choose the perfect program that meets your specifications. You can check out the various data science courses offered by Great Learning to pursue a career in Data Science and related fields.
In simple terms, what is data science?
Performing advanced data analysis involves cleansing, aggregating, and manipulating data to prepare it for analysis. In turn, data scientists and analytic applications can review the results to uncover patterns, allowing business leaders to make informed decisions.
What does a Data Scientist Do?
They collect and analyze large amounts of structured and unstructured data. Analyzing, processing, and modeling data can create actionable plans for businesses and other organizations.
How hard is Data Science?
With the proper guidance, Data Science can be an easy field to learn about, and one can build a career. However, because it is vast, it is easy for a beginner to get lost, making learning a frustrating and frustrating experience.
Data science: Is it a good career choice?
A data scientist’s expertise is highly sought-after because it helps businesses achieve tangible and measurable results. According to Harvard Business Review, data-driven decision-making increased productivity and profitability by 5% and 6%, respectively, for companies in the top third of their industry.
What kind of people can study Data Science?
Any individual, new or experienced, who is interested in learning Data Science can do so. Professionals in Engineering, Software, Marketing, and IT can take part-time or external programs in Data Science. Basic high school education is required for regular courses in Data Science.
Is there a demand for data scientists?
There is still a high demand for Data Scientists but a low supply. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that jobs will grow by about 28% through 2026 in the data science field. That 28% in perspective would be roughly 11.5 million new jobs created in the field.
Is it true that data scientists code?
One of the essential skills of data scientists (and one that sets them apart from data analysts) is their ability to write code. In addition to interpreting data, data scientists can use code to develop algorithms or models to gain further insights into the data.
How stressful is it to work in data science?
One of the highest job satisfaction rates is among data scientists, according to Glassdoor. Thus, we can safely say that data science isn’t especially stressful in general.
How easy is it to learn Data Science?
There is no doubt that Data Science is a challenging course, but basic skills are also essential, and then you can quickly advance in the course. Basic programming skills and knowledge of data structures are essential. A preferred programming language is Python, and a preferred data structure language is SQL.
Thank you for reading!