Post Menu and Details.
- General overview of PrivacyGuard Identity Theft protection
- List of PrivacyGuard features
- PrivacyGuard package plans
Reading time: ~14 minutes
You probably already know that identity theft is one of the most common forms of fraud in the world today. Did you know that around 15% of the world’s population has been identified as a victim of identity theft? This type of scam uses a person’s sensitive information as criminals can use it for various purposes. Mainly to extort money. However, the range of crimes related to identity theft is overwhelming. This is why savvy consumers take their privacy and online security seriously by signing up for an identity protection service to keep their security safe. And for the past few months, we’ve been doing just that with PrivacyGuard.
General overview of PrivacyGuard Identity Theft protection
PrivacyGuard is an identity theft protection service that provides support and additional resources to secure users’ lives. PrivacyGuard is recognized as an industry leader and is continually improving its service and user experience.
PrivacyGuard provides credit reporting, monitoring, and protection and recovery services for identity theft. The parent company is Trilegiant Corporation, based in Stamford, Connecticut, and they offer services such as travel, shopping, health, entertainment, and consumer protection services. Other Trilegiant brands include TravelersAdvantage, AutoVantage, HealthSaver, and PC Safety Plus.
PrivacyGuard plans offer a full suite of credit reports, identity monitoring, identity theft alerts, and settlement services. Customers who want credit reports, ratings, and tools can choose a plan that provides them specifically. In contrast, consumers who want identity protection but not credit reports can choose a different plan. For those who want it all, there is a plan for it too.
PrivacyGuard has three plans to protect against identity theft. The identity protection plan deals with identity monitoring, while the credit protection plan focuses on credit reports, credit monitoring, and credit scores. The Total Protection Plan offers both.
Because of how PrivacyGuard structures its plans for dealing with identity, credit, or both, consumers can decide which services are important to them and choose an appropriate plan. Prices are comparable to other services, starting at $9.99 per month for an Identity Protection plan and $24.99 per month for the full protection plan.
PrivacyGuard is best suited to:
- PrivacyGuard is best for people who want to protect their sensitive data.
- Individual protection against identity theft
- Efficient and reliable credit protection
- Comprehensive daily credit monitoring
Highlights of PrivacyGuard Identity theft protection
- It helps in managing your credit scores and your credit reports.
- It offers daily credit monitoring.
- It offers active protection against identity theft.
- They offer training on identity protection and essential digital hygiene.
- It keeps track of your credit cards, passwords, and bank details.
PrivacyGuard Identity Monitoring Features
PrivacyGuard’s Identity Protection and Total Protection plans offer a comprehensive menu of identity surveillance services. These include:
- Identity Verification Monitoring: Send an alert if a member’s ID is used in fraudulent activity or account takeover.
- Black Market Website Monitoring enables real-time monitoring of members’ Social Security numbers and up to 10 credit/debit cards on black market websites where identity thieves buy and sell personal information.
- Social Security Number Event Tracking: Analyses public records and data sources for credit headers to find identity records associated with members’ Social Security numbers.
- Online Directory Analysis: Scans internet directories and search engines for monitored phone numbers, email addresses, and postal addresses.
- Annual Public Register Report: You report data from public sources such as real estate files, courts, criminal records, bankruptcies, mortgages, and judgments.
- Public Record Monitoring: Monitoring changes to members’ public records, such as B. Criminal records and bankruptcy filings.
- Online Fraud Help enables members to set fraud alerts and step-by-step instructions on how to re-establish their identity.
- Reduced Pre-Approved Credit Card Offers: These reduce the number of pre-approved credit cards and insurance offers members receive.
- Lost and Stolen Aid: Notify credit card issuers of lost or stolen cards and request replacements.
This PrivacyGuard review discusses all of the available plans and answers some key questions users want to know, plus the identity theft protection service’s pros and cons.
What is in PrivacyGuard’s identity theft protection plans?
PrivacyGuard is known to offer three levels of the package-plans for its individual users: one of which is a plan that focuses primarily on identity monitoring and recovery, while the other is a credit monitoring plan, and the last is a plan that offers both.
PrivacyGuard ID Protection
The PrivacyGuard ID Protection Plan provides a secure mobile keyboard that encrypts online conversations and protects information from malware, and securely surfing the Internet on mobile devices and desktops. Members reporting identity theft can get case resolution assistance from a social worker trained under the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA). The identity protection plan focuses on identity monitoring and does not provide credit scores, reports, or tools.
Identity Protection Plan also includes Identity Verification Monitoring, Black Market Website Monitoring, Social Security Number Event Tracking, Online Directory Scanning and Record Monitoring Public Records and Annual Public Record Reports, Online Fraud Help, the pre-approved credit card offers reduced losses, and assistance for stolen credit cards, plus $ 1 million credit insurance. Identity theft. The identity protection plan offers relatively low monthly fees for customers who focus on identity monitoring and want to access credit reports themselves.
PrivacyGuard credit protection
The credit protection plan does not provide identity monitoring. Instead, it offers a range of credit information and tools. These include calculators for fixed mortgages, home budgeting, and auto loans. A credit score simulator is also included to help determine the impact of certain decisions, such as B. Applying for more credit or canceling a credit card on your credit score.
For $ 19.99 per month, the PrivacyGuard Credit Protection Plan also offers a secure mobile keyboard, secure web browsing for mobile devices and computers, three credit reports and ratings for offices, a 24-hour credit monitor, and a monthly credit score monitor Credit information hotline, and anti-fraud assistance. There is no identity theft insurance for this plan, as it does not include identity surveillance services.
PrivacyGuard Total Protection
The Total Protection Plan combines PrivacyGuard’s identity protection and credit protection services into one all-in-one package that deals with credit reporting, identity monitoring, and identity theft resolution for $ 24.99 per month.
Does PrivacyGuard offer a family plan?
PrivacyGuard only offers plans for adults 18 and over. The plans are designed for individuals and do not include a family option or additional fees for children.
How can I cancel PrivacyGuard?
PrivacyGuard members can cancel a subscription at any time by calling customer service or sending an email. Members can also cancel online.
What happens to my data if I cancel PrivacyGuard?
According to customer service, when a member terminates their personal data is “destroyed” and removed from the system after a while. Credit reporting information is confidential and transmitted directly from national credit reporting agencies, so PrivacyGuard does not store this information.
Which PrivacyGuard Plan is Best?
The PrivacyGuard Total Protection Plan provides full credit reports and access to credit scores, extensive identity monitoring and alerts, and identity theft recovery through FCRA certified agents available 24/7 at the cost of $ 24.99 per month.
How secure is PrivacyGuard?
The company explains in its FAQs that the website runs on a secure web server with an SSL connection and encrypts or encrypts data on pages on which secure information is transmitted. PrivacyGuard also meets VeriSign and Cybertrust security requirements. The company is FCRA compliant and does not maintain members’ personal credit history files or share any information with anyone.
What are the significant features of PrivacyGuard, and why is this identity theft protection service so highly regarded as one of the best in the identity theft industry will be listed here?
List of PrivacyGuard features
Identity, Privacy, and Credit Monitoring
PrivacyGuard plans focus on identity, credit, and complete protection. This means that Credit Protection and Full Protection use data from major credit bureaus and the VantageScore 3.0 system.
Unlike other identity theft protection services that produce their credit reports annually or, at best, quarterly, PrivacyGuard updates them every month. However, you can only track up to 10 bank accounts or credit cards. The same applies to the SSN. If you have investment accounts, PrivacyGuard will not track them.
To ensure that your identity is protected, PrivacyGuard monitors both the open internet and the darknet. If your information is displayed on illegal websites, forums, blogs, or even chats, you will receive a notification. PrivacyGuard also tracks court or real estate records to consolidate reports and confirm your online presence (or vice versa).
Also, the credit simulators and financial calculators provided by Total Protection are very useful for monitoring credit and maximizing the use of your money and its appropriate distribution. This way, you can easily calculate your potential debt when buying a new car or something similar.
Unfortunately, there is no two-factor authentication (2FA) here. PrivacyGuard only asks for the last 4 digits of your SSN. Well, that’s better than nothing or just the password. At the same time, it can seem scary to use your Social Security number so openly.
Ease of use
Previously, PrivacyGuard had a pretty heavy website interface. However, there is currently an updated landing page with a more logical structure. Even so, it’s cluttered with animations and blocks of text, so it feels a little slow.
At the same time, the program interface is well structured. The main screen shows the three offices with the credit scores and credit scores in each for your convenience. You can check the status right after logging in. The next tab contains all of the listed alerts that you can prioritize.
The identity monitoring station’s unique PrivacyGuard service around the clock shows you which information needs to be recorded online. The parts you forgot are highlighted in yellow: if you miss your phone number or SSN, the service will remind you to fill them out. You can right-click the section you want and add your data after opening it.
To use PrivacyGuard’s Android and iOS apps, you will also need to enter your membership number, name, and device name. You will then be redirected to the actual login page, where you will enter your password. Please note that PrivacyGuard does not offer two-factor authentication. You have to take special steps to log in and ensure a higher security level for your data.
The PrivacyGuard iOS and Android apps are quite minimalistic, which is beneficial for those who prefer a well-structured and simple user interface. You will see your name and links to the security keyboard and browser on the app’s main screen. Two other tabs display your creditworthiness and personalized notifications.
Overall, PrivacyGuard’s web and mobile user interfaces are intuitive and user-friendly. The PrivacyGuard users’ interface doesn’t display any extra tabs or links, no unnecessary information or ads. It’s minimalist and practical and nothing more.
PrivacyGuard Recover Features
The recovery functions are needed in case something terrible happens. To prevent you from spending your life with possible losses, PrivacyGuard offers the following features:
- Theft Insurance up to $ 1 Million: PrivacyGuard covers your losses related to identity fraud or other illegal blackmail activities, etc.
- Credit information hotline: The team of trained specialists is always ready to answer urgent questions.
- Personal Recovery Assistance: With Identity Fraud Solving Assistance, you can get rid of paperwork and loads of paperwork.
- Identity Protection Education: Everything you need to learn to avoid identity theft.
PrivacyGuard Control Features
PrivacyGuard’s control functions are designed to make your life easier and protect your personal data. These properties imply:
- Online fraud protection: No more dangerous transactions, only secure purchases with this control function guarantee your online actions.
- Instant notifications via mobile apps: If you can’t disconnect from your smartphone, you’ll appreciate the instant notifications and notifications you get via the PrivacyGuard app for Android or iOS. Be aware of any illegal activity that uses your information.
- Wallet Theft Control: Convenient feature that allows you to block and recover your credit cards in case your wallet is stolen
- Combating Medical Identity Fraud: This involves constantly monitoring your medical identification information. If someone is using them, you will be notified immediately.
- Credit Check: This function protects your creditworthiness and informs you of all illegal activities with your credit cards, lines, and bank accounts.
It should be noted that PrivacyGuard’s control capabilities are impressive enough: the developers promise to perform well and respond to threats before you even notice anything suspicious is happening.
PrivacyGuard Alert Features
The most comprehensive security is offered by the Total Protection Plan, which combines all types of warnings. If someone tries to reveal your details or open a new credit line, you will be informed immediately. The same notification is sent when someone tries to exceed your credit card limit. This feature also tracks all public mentions of your name and ensures that any mailing address changes are monitored.
Overall, you will receive notifications in the following cases:
- Illegal activity on your bank accounts or credit cards (excessive credit, unauthorized opening of credit lines, credit freezing);
- Disclosure of your data on the Internet (including the Darknet);
- Changing your address or using your physical address for criminal offenses;
- If a registered sex offender appears nearby or moves into your neighborhood (you will receive a notification and the card with the address).
- It should be noted that you cannot do this directly through the service if you want to freeze your credit. You must contact the PrivacyGuard support team to initiate a credit line freeze.
During the operation, we received an identity alert and a credit alert. We’re not sure if someone is trying to steal sensitive information. However, it helped double-check the credit card security level and remove personal information posted on some outdated portals.
Customer service and support
Everyone knows that effective customer service and support are essential for a serious company. Numerous studies confirm that working with vendors whose customer support is poor are more likely to be abandoned, regardless of what functionality they can provide.
Therefore, PrivacyGuard has made a huge contribution to building an excellent customer service team. Each member should receive extensive training on and how to deal with identity theft issues. This preparation will help the support team representatives answer any questions they receive daily.
Of course, the lack of 247 support can be a huge disadvantage. However, during official working hours, we received full help regarding credit monitoring and other issues. We used LifeChat and Tickets, and in both cases, the response was quick.
PrivacyGuard package plans
As an identity theft protection service, PrivacyGuard offers a range of functions to meet your security needs. With the help of three credit reporting agencies, PrivacyGuard prepares your credit report every month. It also monitors your creditworthiness and offers million-dollar insurance in case your identity is stolen. If you suffer financial loss due to illegal activities, this will help you too.
It should be noted that PrivacyGuard gives you Norton Antivirus protection for a higher level of security. The loan and mortgage calculators are useful when you want to increase your credit limit, extend or freeze your loan term.
In total, PrivacyGuard offers three plans. Each has a specific purpose – identity protection, accurate credit monitoring, and a combination of the two in one plan. The 14-day trial seems like a generous offer, but you have to pay $ 1 for it. Also, PrivacyGuard does not offer discounts for annual payments.
PrivacyGuard ID Protection
Protecting PrivacyGuard credentials is a basic plan, but it is very effective. The main goal is only to protect identity. Pricing starts at $ 9.99 per month and is the same as Norton’s LifeLock Standard plan. As part of the identity protection plan, PrivacyGuard scans the open and dark internet. It looks for signs of sensitive data and detects whether it has been used for illegal purposes.
This plan gives you up to $ 1 reimbursement to cover your property damage. PrivacyGuard’s insurance specialists can also help you restore your identity if cybercriminals steal one. At the same time, the identity protection plan does not include credit monitoring. So, if you’re not planning on opening a new line of credit or buying a car, the PrivacyGuard ID Protection plan will do just fine.
PrivacyGuard Credit Protection
Compared to Identity Protection, the PrivacyGuard Credit Protection Plan focuses on credit monitoring. Pricing starts at $ 19.99 per month. You need to consider your creditworthiness, credit lines, and scores carefully.
PrivacyGuard compiles a credit report for you every month. It brings together information from the three major credit bureaus: TransUnion, Equifax, and Experian. This report will automatically update to reflect your creditworthiness and credit limit if you have one.
In particular, creditworthiness is calculated based on the VantageScore 3.0 system, which contains data from the three credit bureaus mentioned above. VantageScore results are useful when there is a need to demonstrate or verify creditworthiness. You will also get financial calculators and credit simulators that you can use to decide on a new line of credit or count your expenses.
Unfortunately, this plan doesn’t give you $ 1 million back if something happens to your line of credit or cards.
PrivacyGuard Total Protection
The PrivacyGuard Total Protection plan is a flagship of this identity theft protection service. This is the most expensive and impressive plan compared to the previous ones. Pricing starts at $ 24.99 per month. The bottom line is that it combines the functionality of identity protection and credit protection plans. With Total Protection, you benefit from complete protection of the most important areas of your life.
As mentioned above, you also get anti-virus protection from Norton Security. The disadvantage is that it is only compatible with the Windows operating system. Like the previous two plans, Total Protection offers a secure mobile keyboard that protects your keystrokes.
The Digital Protection App, which is compatible with Android and iOS, contains a secure browser and offers secure extensions for browsers under Windows. Get a million-dollar refund and extensive identity theft solving.
In particular, PrivacyGuard does not offer a separate family plan, so you cannot add your spouse or children to your individual account. You can set up your PrivacyGuard account to track up to 10 social security numbers, but that’s all you can get.
PrivacyGuard for Business
- Credit reports are updated monthly.
- Complete packages
- Affordable Price: Starting at just $ 9.99 per month, PrivacyGuard is very affordable.
- A 14-day free trial is available.
- Efficient functions and features
- Immediate alerts and notifications
- Monthly contracts: unlike many competitors, you don’t have to register with PrivacyGuard for a year.
- All service plans offer triple credit monitoring.
- Special recovery specialists are available at all times.
- Additional educational resources: PrivacyGuard provides additional resources and tools (e.g., the Android app).
- Three Bureau Credit Reports: PrivacyGuard offers its users credit reports from Experian, Equifax, and TransUnion.
- There is no family and business plan available.
- No 24/7 support: Due to research and personal experience, you may not receive any or no immediate response to your support requests.
- Social media monitoring function is missing.
- No two-factor authentication
- User-friendly app: PrivacyGuard service providers need to update their iOS and Android apps.
- No customizable plans
- PrivacyGuard does not offer its user’s identity theft insurance.
- Some users reported difficulty canceling membership and said it was difficult to get a refund for unsatisfactory service.
Does PrivacyGuard have a mobile app?
The PrivacyGuard Protection app can be downloaded from Google Play or the Apple App Store and is included in member subscriptions. Access to services such as credit reports or identity theft notifications is based on the plan member’s purchase.
How does PrivacyGuard protect itself against cyber fraud?
PrivacyGuard meets VeriSign and Cybertrust security requirements. The company stores the information on a secure web server, and the SSL connection encrypts or encrypts the secure information before it is transmitted.
What is PrivacyGuard’s Refund Policy?
A member can cancel the service at any time and will not be billed for the additional months. There is no refund for the current plan month after an account has been settled. New members who cancel within the first two weeks will not be charged for the next month of service.
What information do I need to register for PrivacyGuard?