Valorant download guide, How to get Valorant, valorant is an fps shooter video game developed by right games known for league of legends. After ten years of League of Legends development, Riot Games has decided to launch Valorant. This new tactical shooter video game aims to take Fortnite‘s place at the top of player preferences. If League has marked the entertainment market from 2009 to the present, pushing developer investments in eSports, multiplayer and free games, Valorant will try to do the same among shooters, trying to do something different from the Overwatch and battle royale mode that has dominated over the past few years.
Competitive gamers and FPS enthusiasts are eager to jump into Valorant, the next release from Riot Games. If you haven’t heard, the development team is currently using a unique beta model that requires potential players to watch the streams to gain access to the beta. However, you can still download Valorant on your PC right now if you wish. Here’s how the process works.
What is Valorant and how to play
It is a competitive shooter in which the main scenario is the Bomb mode: two teams, 5 vs. 5, face each other in an arena dividing between attackers and defenders in the best of 24 rounds. The attacker must place a bomb and defend it from the other team. At the same time, the defender must prevent the other team from succeeding in his intent with the right mix between controlling the playing area and killing as many enemies as possible. According to the first reviews, a game lasts an average of 30/40 minutes, and you have a varied kit of weapons available according to your level.
Otherwise, you can choose the Spike Assault mode: the play’s objective and style do not change, but the game ends in the best of 7 rounds. The gameplay is precise, and there is a good arsenal of firearms, characters with unique abilities and competitive maps for thousands of hours of gameplay. Valorant is consequential, so players will have the certainty that wins, and losses will depend solely on their skills and strategies.
What is the Minimum PC Requirement to play Valorant?
Once you have it, you can start playing. But first, make sure you meet the minimum requirements to enjoy the game as it should be. This is what you will need on your PC to play Valorant.
- PC 64 bit
- 4 GB of RAM
- Graphics card with 1 GB of VRAM
This is the minimum. Depending on the quality you want to play and the number of FPS you are looking for (which logically also gives you competitive advantages) what you will need is the following:
- Minimum setting for 30 fps: Intel Core 2 Duo and Intel HD 4000 GPU
- Recommended setting at 60 fps: Intel Core i3 GPU and Nvidia GeForce GT730
- High-end configuration at 144 fps or more: Intel Core i5 and Nvidia GTZ1050 Ti GPUs
The topic of Nvidia graphics and Intel processors is for reference, AMD equivalents to these ranges will be what you need to look for to enjoy the same or better gaming experience.
How To Get Valorant game client on PC
You can download Valorant to your PC without having a beta code. All you need is a valid Riot Games account and some free space on your hard drive. However, even if you download it now, you won’t start playing Valorant without a beta key.
Here’s what you need to do to download the Valorant game client:
The first necessary step is to go to this link, log in with your Riot account, or create a new one if you don’t have one.
After logging in you will have to perform three more steps:
- First, you need to link your Riot account to your Twitch account by clicking on the ” Link Accounts ” button below. If you don’t have a Twitch account yet after clicking on the button it will give you the option to create one for free.
- As a second step, you will have to click on the ” Watch ” button. Here the Twitch page will open with the streamers from which you can get access to the beta. In fact, to play you will have to watch a live one of the authorized streamers until your account receives the possibility to play.
- The third step is to click the ” Download ” button; in this way, you will download the game’s Launcher. If you have received the opportunity to play the beta of the game, once you start the launcher and log in with your Riot account, you will have the option to download it. Otherwise, a message will appear telling you that you have not yet gained access to the beta. In this case, you have to go back to step number 2.
After the download and installation, you will be able to launch the game client. However, if you don’t have a beta key, you won’t be able to log in. If you want to start playing, you’ll need to earn a closed beta key by watching eligible streams on Twitch. For more information on how this works, please see our guide to Valorant beta registration invitations.
Yes, you can download Valorant on your PC without having a beta key. Don’t expect to be able to play it unless you are one of the chosen few to receive access to the beta. Otherwise, you’ll have to wait. Unfortunately, it is still unknown how long the beta period should last.
Will Valorant Be Available on The PS4 or Xbox One?
Unfortunately, so far, the only official platform has been the pc/computer. There is nothing official about the other consoles. Despite this, Riot Games has recently shown interest in working on other gaming platforms as well.
For example, Wild Rift, a League of Legends spin-off, will land on consoles this year. For this reason, the game will likely be announced for other devices as well. Especially following the success it is already enjoying.
Unfortunately, there are no ways to circumvent the situation; we have to wait. If Valorant were launched on ps4 and Xbox, it would be easily found, like other video games, on the store.